Mission: The AT Foundation is the philanthropic arm of the Louisiana Athletic Trainers' Association (LATA). The Foundation champions research, supports education, and enhances knowledge to optimize the clinical experience and outcomes within the diverse patient populations served by the athletic training profession.
Vision: The AT Foundation serves as an advocate for the LATA to promote a multi-disciplinary health care model of patient-centered care to advance the profession. The primary focus of the AT Foundation is to improve the health and safety of students at the Secondary School Setting.
Connect athletic trainers with members of the community through on-going communication.
1. Highlight success stories from athletic trainers at the Secondary School Setting.
2. Identify, recruit and retain current members to promote Safety at the Secondary School setting.
3. Raise awareness of Safety at the Secondary School setting through social media.
4. Connect individuals to build a stronger professional community of health care providers.
Elevate the value of athletic trainer in Louisiana
1. Continue ATLAS Project to identify and document athletic trainers within our secondary schools.
2. Require National Providers Identification (NPI) numbers for all ATs in Louisiana
3. Identify resources for clinicians to effectively manage care for diverse populations