Early registration for the Symposium will open on April 1, 2020 (Late Registration opens May 17, 2020) and will be based on the individual's current membership status with the LATA (questions regarding membership should be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org BEFORE processing online registration) If your LATA Membership is "Non-Member / Non-Renewal" please contact the LATA Secretary prior to registering.
LATA General Symposium Schedule
- Wednesday, 5/28: Executive Committee Meeting in New Orleans (location details TBA), No CEU's
- Thursday, 5/29: 1st IV EBP Course 8am-12pm, Committee and General Business Meeting 12 pm, Social Event
- Friday, 5/30: 8 am CEU Courses, 2nd IV EBP Course, HOF / Awards Lunch, CEUs in afternoon, Hotel Hospitality Room Available at conclusion of education courses
Saturday: 8 am CEU Courses (Cat A & EBP), Closing Remarks, Dismissal
Full Symposium Agenda Linked Here SOON
Intravenous (IV) EBP Course Information:
- Each IV course has a 50 person seating limit. Slots will be first come, first served with registration timeline.
- Due to attendance limitations we are offering this course twice. The Thursday option is the only course offered that day. The Friday course will overlap Cat A courses offered that morning. Friday EBP IV attendees will not receive the Cat A CEUs being offered at that same time.
- This is a four (4) hour EBP Course, 2 hour lecture & 2 hour lab. Member attendance is required for obtaining CEU credit.
- There are 3 separate registration tracks due to the uniqueness of this course, please review and read through the options thoroughly.
- Course and Learning Objectives linked here
Hotel Information - Comfort Inn & Suites Covington
- Address: 30 Louis Prima Dr, Covington, LA 70433
- No Online Reservations Available, members must call: 985-809-1234 extension #2 "Front Desk". DO NOT DIAL extension for RESERVATIONS
- Using the code "LATA", room rates are set at $89.00 / night (Rate expires May 7th)
- Note: Hotel is not same location as meetings.
Thursday Night LATA Social Info:
- Location: Columbia St Tap Room, 434 N Columbia St - Covington LA
- 7 pm - 10 pm: open bar / food,
- 8 pm DJ Starts
- 10 pm - 12 pm: Cash Bar
Educational Symposium Info
- Location: First Baptist Church, Covington
- Dates: May 28-30, 2020
- Up to eleven (11) Cat A CEUs & seven (7) EBPs (if not able to attend IV couse there is 3 EBPs built into general agenda)
- Learning objectives will be linked here
- Lecture materials/information will be provided electronically to all participants online closer to symposium date
- Speakers include but not limited to: Ron Corsen, Derik Fuse, RT Floyd, and more!
Executive Committee Meeting Info
The Executive Committee will be meeting on the afternoon Wednesday May 27th, Time TBD.
Summer Business Meeting Info
Meeting Agenda will be attached here closer to meeting date.
Committee Meetings 12-1pm.
Business Meeting 1:00 pm - till
TARGET AUDIENCE: Athletic Trainers
According to the educational levels described by the NATA's Professional Education Committee, this continuing education symposia offered is considered to be "Essential/Advanced" Levels
LATA Cancellation/refund policy:
- 15 business days prior to the event are 100% refundable.
- 01-14 business days prior to the event are 50% refundable.
- NO REFUNDS will be made the day of the event.
- If participants register and do not attend, they are still responsible for full payment.
- All refund requests must contact the LATA Treasurer at email@example.com
- Refunds will be processed within 5-7 business days from the day the request is received.
LATA does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.
BOC Provider Status:
The Louisiana Athletic Trainers' Association (P311) is approved by the Board of Certification, Inc to offer continuing education to Certified Athletic Trainers.